My client is a 4* property with 135 Hotel rooms with a thriving conference facility comprising, 9 dedicate Meetings rooms 3 Private Bars with accommodation for at list 500 guests for drinks reception, seating up to 260, 140 and 80 covers on Banqueting seats on plated, buffets, and cocktail reception facilities. They are looking for a superstar Meetings and Events Sales Manager to take their M&E to the next level.
The Hotel is a very busy property in Meetings and Events located just 20 minutes by public transport to central London, with 3 ballrooms and 9 dedicated meeting rooms, the hotel is part of one of the largest hotel chains in the World.
General Scope and Purpose
To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To ensure Conference & Events business targets (including conference rooms) for revenue, occupancy and profit are achieved to budget. To grow the business through proactive selling and effective conversion of all enquiries, using the agreed company system maximising profit at all times.
- To ensure that your area of responsibility creates a professional impression to customers and Team Members.
- To and act on Customer Service Reports relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To act upon customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility. This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include rooms’ sales, market segments, average room rates and yield management.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by compiling rotas in line with forecasted and actual business levels.
- To implement standards, maintain and constantly improve departmental operating standards. This to include ensuring that weekly event schedules are collated, produced and distributed to the standard laid down.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To be fully aware of purchasing procedures in the department.
- To ensure the department operates effective controls and that the department scores well on audits and evaluations.
- To accurately forecast the business weekly, monthly and for 13 weeks when required.
- To liaise with Conference & Events Operations, Front Office and Accounts to ensure the accurate production of Conference & Events bills and that these are sent to clients within 24 hours of the event finishing.
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual Team Members’ personal development. To ensure training is recorded and all Team Members follow the Company Induction Programme and appropriate Departmental Training Scheme/s.
- To compile the department training plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop Team Members.
- To carry out performance reviews for Team Members following Company guidelines.
- To set clear objectives for departmental Team Members linked with the hotel’s business plan.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of new Departmental Team Members up to supervisory level in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To review the success of training in meeting objectives.
- To correct unacceptable behaviour and performance in line with the Company disciplinary procedures.
- To continuously coach and counsel Team Members within the department including your peers.
Controlling the Environment
- To ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis ensuring Company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- To comply with statutory and Company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and other legislation and ensure your team are trained to meet the above requirements.
- To ensure all work is carried out safely without risk to health.
- To ensure all brand standards are met paying attention to detail.
- To implement action on Health & Safety Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To assist with the leadership and day to day operation of areas within the Revenue Office and the Hotel in general but outside your own specialist areas as required. This to include during periods of excessive demand, at times of unexpected incidents and to provide cover for your colleagues during periods of holiday and other absences.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted profit.
Previously successful candidates have come from working in –
Hotel Sales Manager / Meetings and Events Executive / Meetings and Events Executive / Event Manager / Meetings and Events Sales Manager / Senior Events Sales/ MICE Sales Executive / Hospitality Sales / Venue Sales