Full time position, circa £32K per annum, depending on experience.
Company phone and laptop supplied
My client is looking for a new Hotel Sales Manager to come in and ramp up their new business activity. The Sales Manager will come from the hotel world already, possibly already an established M&E Sales Executive, Deputy Sales Manager, Conference and Events Sales Executive or even a Hotel Sales Manager looking for a change of Hotel group or scenery?
The Hotel is a very busy property, room driven and already has an established client base which needs nurturing, maintaining and growing. The hotel itself has only been in place for a few years but is part of a global, well established group. Small M&E outfit but very much room driven and in a prime, exciting and busy part of London. The hotel is very modern, clean, offers great first impressions to guests and clients and has a well-focused management team.
General Scope and Purpose
To drive revenue by effectively selling all aspects of the hotel within the local and national market place. To ensure share and profitability of target accounts and secure new business across all market segments, by researching and targeting business in competitor hotels and venues, both locally and nationally.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant for this role will have excellent communication and presentation skills. Existing hotel sales manager experience is preferred. Knowledge of UK account/corporate and agency markets. Strong customer and relationship management skills with the ability to negotiate. Knowledge of revenue management and strong organisational skills. Effective decision-making skills, problem solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Manage the hotel commercial plan
- Support the preparation of the company’s annual budget in area/s of responsibility.
- Work with the General Manager and Revenue team to retain and grow business
- Attend and help drive quarterly Strategic Business Reviews (SBRs), monthly Hotel Strategy meetings and RevMax meetings.
Driving and Managing Sales
- The responsibility for driving and delivering the agreed strategies in line with the commercial plan.
- Actively seek/identify, secure and contract new and repeat business for all areas of the business, across all market segments, with a particular emphasis on corporate bedroom bookers, events, conferences, meetings and leisure group segments.
- Establish, build and manage relationships with the Key Account Directors/Managers to maximise revenue opportunities from key national accounts who have requirements in the area.
- Become fully conversant with all sales initiatives and tools, so as to utilise and build them into the commercial plan to maximize the benefits to the hotel.
- Research potential new accounts, conduct telesales calls, plan appointments and carry out weekly face to face sales calls in line with agreed targets.
- Prepare account development plans to ensure maximum share from each account and agency.
- Identify and secure appropriate group, tour operator and wholesale business by working with IHR’s Partnership Manager and Revenue team to help drive revenue, particularly over shoulder periods.
- Plan and execute sales trips to major market areas.
- Attend major travel functions and exhibitions to promote sales for the hotel.
- Support the hotel General Manager and IHR’s marketing team to ensure effective data capture and database management processes and systems are in place for the hotel.
- Identify and target local leisure attractions to develop mutually beneficial affiliations and partnerships.
- Maintain extensive market and product knowledge and work with hotel on adapting products and services to match client requirements and business trends.
Person we need
- The candidate MUST have experience within a proactive sales environment.
- Experience and a successful track record of sales management in a leisure, hotel or large conference venue.
- Strong commercial outlook – sales and revenue driven.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills.
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK (presenting to prospective partner organisations, meeting and entertaining clients, attending trade fairs/shows).
- Remain focused at all times and able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Driven and determined to achieve results.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and good team player.
- Ability to work in the UK
The successful candidate will come from these roles ideally;
Hotel Sales Manager | Meeting and Events Sales Manager | Meeting and Events Sales Executive | C&E Events Manager | Senior Sales Manager | Senior M&E Events Manager | Deputy Hotel Sales Manager | Senior Sales Executive | Sales Executive | Conference Sales Executive