My client is a 4* property with 135 Hotel rooms with a thriving conference facility comprising, 9 dedicate Meetings rooms 3 Private Bars with accommodation for at list 500 guests for drinks reception, seating up to 260, 140 and 80 covers on Banqueting seats on plated, buffets, and cocktail reception facilities. They are looking for a superstar Hotel Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing corporate clients, develop new business opportunities, follow up with sales leads that come in to the hotel and maximise the opportunities, support the F&B side of the business and ultimately drive revenue to meet and exceed budget expectations.
The Hotel is a very busy property in Meetings and Events located just 20 minutes by public transport to central London, with 3 ballrooms and 9 dedicated meeting rooms, the hotel is part of one of the largest hotel chains in the World.
What’s expected of me?
- To be aware of new business, for both rooms and M.I.C.E., coming to the area ensuring the Hotel is their first-choice hotel or venue.
- Researching and qualifying potential direct customers with meeting, training, conference and banqueting business.
- To ensure regular and relevant pro-active sales activities including board spotting, closing days, Business Park drops familiarisation trips and client presentations & events.
- To oversee, drive and direct the activity of the Hotel Sales Executive where appropriate
- Work with the groups central sales team
- Become an ambassador for the hotel
- Develop a strong internal relationship with the revenue office team, to create and execute a focused sales strategy.
- Be that ambassador at local sales and networking events.
What qualifications, skills & experience do I need?
- 1- 3 years in a B2B sales environment – Hotel experience preferred but not mandated
- Detail-oriented, with demonstrated 360 sales cycle experience
- Excellent presentation and face to face skills
- Consultative sales approach
- Self Confidence and a hunter mentality
What are the MUST haves?
- Self-motivated, can work on their own and also within a small team
- Motivated sales leader within a team that are less experienced
- An effective and great communicator
- Positive approach
- Influencer and supporter a doer to get things done
- Have their own car
What are they looking for?
- We need a person who can interact at all levels
- Be a commercial thinker and results driven
- Ability to direct collaboration among functional teams
- Full Driving Licence
- Key Performance indicators, to include:
- Total Revenue Budget
- All Corporate, Meetings and Events Segments
- Market Share
- Work based objectives achievement
- Activity targets
Previous successful candidates have come from positions such as;
Hotel Sales / Hotel Sales Executive / M&E Sales Manager / Hotel Sales Manager / Sales Manager / Hospitality Sales Executive / Hospitality Sales Manager / Meetings and Events Sales Manager / Meetings and Events Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Business Development Executive