Key Account Manager (New Business)
£Competitive Salary - circa £100k Package
The Key Account Manager (New Business Sales) is responsible for achieving sales objectives for a defined set of Strategic Prospects. The jobholder must develop customised strategic and tactical sales plans within the specified prospects, through strong relationship-building, market diligence, competitive analysis and financial assessments as well as by identifying opportunities to grow sales revenue within the assigned territory.
- Achieve assigned sales quota in designated accounts
- Create strong relationships with accounts leading to group framework contract signature
- Position the inside Functional (Finance, IT, Procurement, Sales, HR) and General Management layer. Increase recognition of the Business Value Proposition for key management executives.
- Identify, qualify and influence new projects around conferencing and collaboration system within territory (Request For Proposal, VoIP, Web collaboration, Unified Communication projects)
- Contact key decision makers to position the business and determine the level of need/opportunity for the solutions/services
- Position the business as a Communication services providers and utilise consultative and solution selling techniques to drive revenue.
KEY ACTIVITIES & TASKS
- Identify & approach new strategic prospects, to proactively sell multiple collaboration solutions such as Audio, Web, Video, Unified Communication solutions and Professional services
- Customer segmentation & plan growth initiatives, effective pipeline management and effective adoption of SalesForce CRM.
- Improve client retention by engaging with multi-level stakeholders across multiple business functions, and effective contract negotiations.
- Work to continuously improve sales skills and capabilities in Collaboration solutions and Unified Communication market.
- Build capabilities to demonstrate product knowledge and positioning skills on all the collaboration solutions
- Maintain a consistent high level of sales activity both on phone and face to face meetings, in order to ensure
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS (deliverables, KPI’s)
- Achieve and/or surpass monthly & yearly revenue target and product penetration targets within assigned base of clients
- Successful performance against the qualitative and quantitative sales KPI targets
- Manage the sales process as necessary and fully understand the business, buying and decision making process
- Provide short and long term accurate revenue forecast and new business development and maintain a healthy pipeline
- Report daily, weekly and monthly productivity to Sales Manager
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on the CRM
- Be an expert in the products, solutions, policies and procedures
CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven UC or Hosted Telephony sales experience
- Proven track record of success in New Business sales
- Excellent prospecting and negotiating skills
- Ability to deal with senior influencers and decision makers
- Ability to think on feet and use initiative to find and get through to the correct contacts
- Excellent telephone presence and communication skills
- Highly organised, with an ability to multitask and meet simultaneous deadlines
- Self-motivated, results-driven with a high level of initiative and sense of urgency
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with Sales Teams
- Team player
- Proactive self-starter with a “hands-on” mentality
- Strong Microsoft Office skills Strong CRM/database skills (salesforce.com and eloqua.com an advantage)